January 21, 2010

New Story

So I obviously have problems finishing my stories. I still have the Dragon story to finish. I know what I to do to finish it but it I don't do well writing scenes that are slow. So I'm now working on a medieval-like story. I also obviously have a thing for big cats because they show up in one form or another in every story. So I might as well post a bit of the new one while I doing nothing much. This excerpt is near the beginning of the story but there is still action before this... Enjoy!


I looked over towards whoever was beside me. It was Nikolas. “How are you feeling,” he asked.

“Worse than shit. What happened? How’d I get here?”

“Ettai knocked out both the guard and the bastard. Ettai then freed himself and Edeos using the iron. They then got the keys and freed you. Edeos brought you up here and waited until I got here a few minutes ago. Ettai had waited out front while Edeos guarded you. They will both want to see you. I know Edeos took it extremely hard that he could not protect you.”

“They can come up,” I said. “I need to make sure Edeos knows he couldn’t have done anything other than what he did.” Nikolas got up to yell down the hallway that Edeos and Ettai could come up.

I was glad that there were sheets that covered me but I looked to my arm to see how bad the bleeding was. The bleeding had slowed to a stop but the brand on my arm looked swollen and possibly on its way to becoming infected.

Nikolas came back in to sit in the chair beside the bed. Edeos was the first to enter, followed by Ettai. “How are you feeling,” Edeos asked.

“Pretty bad but I’m sure I could be worse.” I changed subjects, “You know nothing that happened was your fault. I know you tried but in this situation it was the best you could do.”

“I still feel like I could have done something more. I should have been able to get free. There was so much I should have been able to do to help.”

“Come here,” I said patting the bed beside me. I carefully pushed myself up to a sitting position with only my right arm. I scooted back to lean against the headboard, pulling the covers with me. When Edeos finally sat next to me, I told him, “Trust me. I don’t blame you. You did everything you could and I know you did. The reason he wanted you two in there was to show that you were helpless to stop everything.” I hugged him with my right arm. “Stop worrying about it. I’ll heal from most of this.”

Edeos hugged me back. “I’m sorry, Princess, I couldn’t get away and stop everything.”

No comments:

Post a Comment