April 4, 2009

The Reason... The Why


So by now... I'm sure anyone who has read through the last four posts is wondering why I write. I guess I should start with the when I started to write. I started writing when I was bored in an English class in sophomore year of high school. It all started from a weird dream. From there a story began to develop. To be truthful that story has never been finished. I have written around one thousand hand written pages and have no idea how to finish it. I doubt it ever will be finished. I have way too many characters that I can not keep track of names and have already had two wars plus a numerous of other incidents. It just turned into a never ending way to test my ideas.

I wrote two stories after that. Both are completely typed up on some computer or flash drive. They both needed to be edited because my timeline for both are awful. The stories are awesome but just need to be extended into a longer amount of time. I am working on finishing my werewolf and Mut story to make a third story that will be finished.

I guess I should really get back to the main topic since I strayed for long enough. Writing is my way to relax. I can get away from all my troubles and stress. I can't be angry or sad while writing because that may influence what I write. I just have to completely forget all my worries and focus on what is going on in the story. I absorb myself into the story to stop the worry or the stress. Some people may go to the gym or run or play sports or hang with family and friends. Writing is just my way to get rid of all the stress and it fulfills its job quite well, even if typing and editing it is a major pain in the ass. It's hard to explain my thoughts of writing but am awfully glad I got into creative writing.

1 comment:

  1. I have contacted one of my former students about you. Chera is a grad students at University of St. Andrews. I think she could be a great mentor for you if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete