January 18, 2016

Eww - Housecleaning... or more like blog cleaning

Looks like today is the day for cleaning up old posts.  Just went through everything... let's just say it was a mess. There were 3-4 different ways I formatted excepts and I just wanted something more consistent. On top of that was spelling and spacing issues. Yes I know, I'm probably a bit OCD at times.  In addition, oh my lordie, I didn't realize my excerpts were so darned long. Now they're more manageable in size. So if there's a description that doesn't make sense with the excerpt, it's because I cut down the excerpt.

Been so busy, I haven't had a chance to work on my website (between job hunting and my family adopting a new dog it's been nuts to say the least). I'll see about posting a picture the next time I post. She's absolutely adorable.

Back to writing stuff... so I've mostly been working on an alien story. Let's just say "hacker & biologist & aliens oh my." For the life of me, I can't come up with book names until later. And on top of that I'm really not the most creative with naming. Guess I'm too immersed in the story to come up with something super awesome. So right now I've got to deal with my very basic title of "biologist and hacker w/ aliens." At least it gets the point across for me.

You know what the weirdest thing I've come across with writing alien stuff? It's always the naming. Whether it's alien names, tech names, or food names. I must have spent well over a couple hours trying to come up with a tech and food name. Figured it out eventually but not looking forward to the next one even though I know it's going to be something cool

Although now that I think about it, I have two alien species I've yet to name but so far no luck. Luckily, they haven't been introduced into the story yet, but one is going to be soon. So if you have any suggestions for a two-legged rhino mixed with a pompom and a few other things, feel free to comment it below. :)

Xoxo Rachel/Indigo

No comments:

Post a Comment